Friday, September 12, 2008

Life begins at 33...


For the first time in my life I'm taking art a bit more seriously. It's always been for fun, and I've skated by without putting to much into it. Recently I started working with a guy named Peter Clarke, he's truly amazing. That blended with influences from around the office, and the excitement of learning from Jaime Jones has caused me to look at what I do, and how I do it. Sadly upon reflection, I have no answers. Hopefully this is signaling (at age 33) a new day for me, and a new direction for how I work. All that being said.....here's a quick sketch.

2 comments:

Bobby Pontillas said...

You haven't been putting much into it?! Holy Crap! I can't wait to see what comes out of this self-reflection!

In all honesty, its inspiring to hear when an accomplished artist still thinks there's much more out there to learn. Even more so when they pursue it with as much tenacity as yourself!

Did I use that word correctly? Tenacity? Tenaciousness? Ahh, you know what I mean.

Katy Hargrove said...

Why soooooo serious?

:) It's sweet to keep learning, but don't stress out about it either! Art's not worth much if it isn't fun anymore.